Blind Leading the Blind/Peter Brueghel the Younger

Blind Leading the Blind/Peter Brueghel the Younger

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Winter Art Show Palm Beach Convention Center Feb 15th

I went to the Palm Beach Art Show at the convention center two weekends ago to check out the art market. Lots of people looking. I do not know if they were buying. Saw a few friends (dealers). Mostly contemporary artists or post-contemporary. Did not know most of them. Prices not to bad, more than I would pay, but not to high. The best part of the show was a dealer wearing red pants and a yellow shirt with a dark sports jacket. I liked the combo. Made me think of Italy. Received a letter from Christies looking to push Russian artists. Did not mention Burliuk, I guess he is considered Russian American. One dealer said my Benton drawing is worth more than I paid. There was a number of dealers selling photography. I do not get it. Maybe I will some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment